Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Impacting your needle and haystack world

Everyone wants to have an impact in their community, if not the world. What if I told you you already make an impact?..don't believe me? I'll prove it to you...who is it that has made the biggest difference in your life? Was it Billy Graham? Bono? Gandhi? the President? perhaps, but not likely. More likely you're thinking of your Sunday school teachers, school teachers, close friends, family, and other mentors that are close to you.

 People tend to think of making an impact as something really big and noticeable, like a tent revival, or giant fund raiser or even running for office, if you're into that sort of thing. But I'm here to tell you that just by living, by interacting with the world around you, the choices you make, the words you say, the things you do, all on their own, make an impact. And you do not know who the people you impact will impact in turn. You don't know how a little thing can make a huge differences in someones life, where that life will go as a result, what other lives will be touched by that life you touched. Everyone has a purpose and everything happens for a reason..The people that made the biggest differences in my life where not the people who put on the concerts, who spoke at a big conference, who raised tons of money for a good cause. It's the Sunday school teacher who had me memorize memory verses and taught me valuable lessons, the friends that were there for me even when I didn't think I needed anyone, the friend that told me that I was worth more than I thought, my family that teaches me just about everything, and all the other people in my life God is teaching me to love.
 Those are the people who made (and are making) a difference in my life. Now I'm not saying that we shouldn't do things like fund raisers or run for office, somebody's got to, but not everyone is called to, and if you're one of those that isn't, don't be discouraged. God made you for a purpose greater than you can think of, I once thought I was supposed to do something big like the things I mentioned, but I found that what God is having me do now is much better. And maybe you are one of those people, it may not be your time yet, be patient, it will come only when you are ready, not when you think you are.
If you are successful in something big, don't let it get to your head, that's not your greatest achievement, the little differences you made in the lives of those around you are your greatest achievements.
 That's what it means to live a needle and haystack life.                                              
                                                    "In this needle and haystack life,
                                               I've found miracles there in your eyes.
                                                   It's no accident we're here tonight.
                                                     We are once in a lifetime" -Switchfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment