Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Unwelcome Miracles or Here We Go Again...

So since starting this blog, called needle and haystack life and described as trying to find miracles in every day life, I have found that not all miracles that happen in our everyday lives are welcome at first, yet I have found that, in time we find that the "unwelcome" miracles turn out to be the most important ones.
 I'm talking about losing your job..and end up getting a better one, not getting accepted to one school, but getting in the one you were supposed to be in, having to move (in one way or another) but ending up exactly where you're supposed to be, but not realizing it till you're there. I know I've posted about change before, but I'm still trying to get it through my thick skull that it can be good ;) So here's my case, worship leader is stepping down to focus on school and family, which means worship team is taking a break till a new person comes along, not a big deal right? unless you're me and change is a near death experience and worship team was your life!
 See so often we (or I at least) get caught up in what's going on right now and think it should last forever or only change in ways we think it should and we forget that God has bigger plans for us then we think.
   Jessica (worship leader, and dear friend, in question) spoke to me later about finding out what my next step is, of course going anywhere or doing anything different hadn't entered my mind before, not since joining the team anyway, that was different enough. She told me I could go anywhere and do anything, just find out what my nest step is. And so began the search for that elusive needle in the haystack: what the heck am I supposed to do and what do I even want to do and who am I anyway?!
 How I came to the answer of  these questions is long story and I'm getting off subject already, but in the end I figured out what I wanted to do was get some sort of training in worship leading, but didn't want to have to go far from home for it, and after quite a bit of prayer and second guessing myself I found out about a new online worship school by Bethel (who's worship school I wanted to go to but didn't want to go to CA) called WoshipU, man I got so excited about it I did a happy dance :) enrollment isn't even open yet but I signed up for more info and already have 10% off tuition!

 So how does not having worship team lead to this? It got me moving, got me thinking about what to do next. (well actually Jess did, if she hadn't said anything I would probably still be pouting and complaining about..well life in general ;) ) and I need to get a job to pay for tuition and I'm getting involved with the youth group at church, those are also parts of my next step, so if I'm working, doing school online and doing youth stuff, that doesn't leave me time to be as involved with worship team as I was. I'll still be involved later I'm sure, but not as much.
 
 All this is to say, when unwelcome miracles come your way, keep your eyes open, they may be happening to get you moving. those changes in your life that you're not happy about might just be making way for the next new thing that will take you to the next level..and trust me, the next level is always better than the last.

 So when living in this needle and haystack life, keep your eyes open for the "unwelcome miracles" they might just be the best ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment