Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: Sometimes a Cup of Tea Can Change Your Life

Here I am, sitting in my living room writing a blog post with only a few hours left of 2012
 and man, it's been quite a year.
  1 year ago I was going to a different church, hung out with different people and was, myself, a very different person.
 I've learned so much this year it'll make your head spin, a whole lot of my beliefs have been challenged (in a good way) and I've changed the way I've thought about a lot of things. I've come out of my shell quite a bit, I've learned to let go of things (and people) and am just all around different. So how did this start? with a simple cup of chai tea served by an Australian in a coffee shop in Nixa, Missouri. How did a cup of tea cause such commotion you ask? why do you doubt the life changing powers of an exceptionally good cup of tea? but if you insist on further explanation here's the story:

This coffee shop is owned by said Australian who also happens to be the senior pastor of the church next door. Now, I was not looking for a new church, and while my parents had a few minor complaints about our former church I don't think they were looking for a new one either. We simply heard that this Australian pastor made a mean cup of chai. So on January 2 2012 (yes, my memory is that good sometimes..(it was a Monday)) my mom and sister and I went to try this chai, and it was exceptional. We spoke with the Australian about his church a little and next thing I know we're visiting the church. Then we come back the next week and I'm on the worship team, after that things got so crazy and happened so fast I can't tell you everything here.
 Looking back on this year I can't help but thank God for it, for the friends He's given me, for the things He taught me, for that cup of tea... and yes, for Pastor Jeff (and his chai making skills ;) )
 As we move into the next year I know God's going to be doing cool things. Be looking out for those everyday miracles that can sometimes come in the form of a cup of tea :)
Happy 2013!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment